October 8, 2012
CVLT Nation Streaming
DOWNFALL OF GAIA
Suffocating in the Swarm of Cranes
- drowning by wing beats - In a fast moving time such as today, we must deal with increasing pressure from outside, making it far too easy to lose control of oneself. With the loss of control, reality seems like a dark veil that can not be shaken off. Trying to find any sort of exit seems to force you into a dark and downward spiral. In situations like this, your own thoughts become the worst enemy.
- in the rivers bleak - Reality is taking it's toll and the growing weights on your back seems to bury you. Scarred by insomnia life seems surreal while you are trapped between depression and insanity. The fear of being trapped in this forever is leaving you alone in perplexity and helplessness.
- i fade away - Overcharged and unaware of what to do, hope seems to be the last shield against reality. Ashamed and almost broken you are trying to keep things dark but it's way too obvious for people to see that you are defenselessly heading towards the end. The try to hide ends in deceiving oneself.
- beneath the crown of cranes - People always use to think they are aware of what's the best solution for you and your problems. Especially when they don't know exactly what's wrong with you. The cry for help stays unanswered. Banged up behind huge white walls in a cold and empty room, the last gleam of hope gets buried.
- giving their heir to the masses - Way to weak to see the light in the dark, the clocks stopped ticking. With the security that time finally stands still - finally found the last bit of peace